Official Giveaway/Sweepstakes Rules
Rules for the giveaway/sweepstakes on Elizabeth Marro’s newsletter. Sign up to join the newsletter here.
Sponsor/Promotor of contest: Elizabeth Marro c/o Stuart Krichevsky Agency/6 East 39th St. / New York, NY 10016
No purchase necessary.
Who Is Eligible To Enter:
- Giveaways/Sweepstakes are open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- By participating in the giveaway/sweepstakes, you agree to unconditional agreement to these rules.
- One entry per person per giveaway. Multiple entrants cannot share the same email address. An entrant cannot enter more than once by using different email addresses. Any attempt by a single person to enter the giveaway/sweepstakes more than once per month will result in a disqualification.
- Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Those not wishing to sign up for my newsletter may simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org between the announcement of the giveaway and 11:59 PM on the sixth day after the announcement. The dates will be clearly stated in each newsletter announcing a giveaway.
Entry Period for Monthly Giveaways
- Periodically, one copy of a book chosen by Elizabeth Marro will be given away via her newsletter. Upon receipt of an email announcing the monthly giveaway/sweepstakes officially “open” on the second-to-last Friday of a given month, entrants will have until 11:59 PM PST on the sixth day to email email@example.com indicating they are interested in entering that month’s giveaway/sweepstakes.
How to Enter:
- To enter the giveaway/sweepstakes, email firstname.lastname@example.org between the announcement of the giveaway and11:59pm on the sixth day after the announcement, indicating you are interested in entering that month’s giveaway.
What Each Winner Receives:
- For each giveaway, one winner will receive one copy of one book chosen by Elizabeth Marro.
How/When Winners Will Be Notified:
- A winner will be chosen at random on the morning of the seventh day following the giveaway announcement. The winner will be notified via email that day, and announced with their first name and last initial in the next newsletter going out after the winner has been drawn.
Verification of Winners
- Winners must reply back via email within 48 hours of receiving notification.
- If a potential winner of a book cannot be contacted, fails to reply to the notification email within the required time period, or cannot take possession of the books within a timely fashion, the potential winner forfeits the book(s).
- Books are nontransferable. A winner cannot have the books mailed to someone else.
- In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, we will conduct a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries.
How Winners Will Receive Their Books:
- Winners will provide a U.S. mailing address, and books will be mailed directly to them.
- Elizabeth Marro reserves the right to cancel the giveaway(s)/sweepstakes at any time.
- Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- We are not responsible for any errors on the part of the entrant, such as misspelling of email address, or inability to contact winner(s) via email or physical mailing address.
- The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with the book(s) receipt and/or use.
- A list of winners may be obtained at any time by emailing email@example.com.
By receipt of these books, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless the organizer of this giveaway/sweepstakes from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Limitations of Liability:
The contest/sweepstakes organizer is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the giveaway/sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the giveaway/sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the giveaway/sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the giveaway/sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the giveaway/sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the giveaway/sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, the giveaway organizer, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these rules to be available and/or claimed, the giveaway/sweepstakes organizer reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.